Monday 1 October 2012

A trip to Oklahoma, sealed with a kiss

Walking around the Northern Quarter, "where the cool kids hang out," according to Richard, there are unique restaurants serving high tea, aquarium stores located below pavement level, and other unique shops. It's certainly one of my new favorite places, especially with a boutique called Oklahoma.

Obviously the name alone drew me inside, but the contents of the shop are quirky. I spent a very long time browsing the pillows, postcards, and pins. I ended up coming home with a new friend, now perched on our couch.


As I pulled out my phone to tell some friends about my new favorite Mancunian gift shop and cafe, I was reminded of another favorite English tradition...ending all text messages with a kiss. What a sweet way to let your loved ones know they're loved. Or by omission, letting them know you're mad at them.

More new experiences and English quirks every day :-)

1 comment:

  1. A handsome addition to your quirky collection. xoxo

    ReplyDelete