Wednesday 26 September 2012

Drip Drop

In Spain, the rain falls mainly on the plains...but in England it seems to fall everywhere.

I woke up this morning to the pitter patter of rain on my window. Not a bad sound all things considered, but the cloudy weather makes me want to stay in bed and drink a cup of tea (something I may or may not be doing right now...)

The rain is also great for discovering leaks. On Sunday, we had a constant downpour of water, which has caused some flooding in other parts of the country. Suddenly, we found out why our front room always smelled damp. Richard also noticed water has been splashing up the step going to our back garden into our kitchen. Time to call the landlord!

But the rain has caused some personal changes as well. Some of you know of my absolute disdain for umbrellas. They're big, bulky, people have no spatial awareness, and they take up the majority of the sidewalk all for the sake of avoiding nature's way of telling us we smell bad. I hate to admit it, but I now use an umbrella.

I know.

I think I'd rather admit defeat to fabric on a stick than show up at school looking like a drowned dog. A 20 minute walk in the rain will definitely do that to a girl.

But that gets me thinking...if England has already reverted me to joining the sea of umbrellas walking down the street, what next??

No comments:

Post a Comment