Tuesday 25 September 2012

Different world, different experiences

I hope to share my experiences here with my far-away friends so we can all be on the same page of cross-Atlantic happenings! Tune in :-)

While I expected life to be different when I moved to the UK, day to day life has still surprised me. I mean there's been the classics: looking the wrong way when crossing the road, forgetting to bring an umbrella, and walking everywhere.

But then there's more obscure changes that I wasn't expecting. For example, the Brits really do stop everything and grab tea every day at 11am. And again at 3pm. 

They also apologize for everything, especially when they're not really sorry.

And the one I really have to get used to...nobody smiles at one another on the roads. That's the tell-tale sign of an American visitor.

But I can see myself getting used to this, especially studying in a pub instead of a coffee shop...just as soon as my blisters and sore legs subside.


No comments:

Post a Comment